Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Of ironies

1. I decided to study maths instead of biology once I realised(after reading the chapter on paddy pests) that I will never be able to remember names such as Leptocorisa Varicornis, Tryporisa Insertulous and Hispa Armizera for my life...and the irony is I still remember those 3 names, 10 years after reading about them.

2. I used to be very embarrased of my malnourished looks 7-8 years back, so I decided to put on some weight and even before I could thank the Almighty for being able to accomplish this, this old crush of mine suddenly bumps into me one day and exclaims "Oh, you have gained a lot of weight recently, you used to look so athletic back then!". I am still hoping she meant that as a compliment.

3. I don't know how many people are with me on his, but I am at my forgetful best when I am desperately trying not to forget a particular thing...as a result forgetting everything else apart from that particular thing or sometimes one particular aspect of that particular thing.
For example, i remember in college I used to ask my friends who has played the main character in Ben Hur. Initially, everyone (who knew)told me coolly that it's Charlton Heston but when i kept asking the same question over and over again, they got irritated and stopped answering my question. I got worried and focussed so much on not forgetting this name in future that one fine morning I woke up thinking, "who is this guy Charlton Heston and why am I always thinking of this name". I gave it a name too - "The Charlton Heston Syndrome".

4. Sometimes the persons I have missed the most were sitting next to me!

No comments: